We are a premier Hawaii moving company, but also like to keep things fun! This is why we are bringing 10 fun facts to you.
1. From East to west, Hawaii is the widest sate in the USA.
2. There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet. A,E,I,O and U are Vowels.H,K,L,M,N,P and W are Consonants
3. Hawaii has its own time zone, The Hawaiian Stand Time. Hawaii does not have daylight savings time. Hawaii is just 2 hours behind California.
4. Hawaii has no Racial or Ethnic Majorities of any kind. The Islands are made up of 34% Caucasians, 32% Japanese-Americans, 16% Filipino-American and about 5% Chinese American. The rest of the population is made up of many smaller groups of people.
5. The island of Oahu has the world’s largest Wind Turbine. This windmill has 2 blades that span 400 feet long!
6. Hawaii produced 1/3 of the entire worlds commercial Pineapples.
7. Hawaii is the only state in the USA that grows Coffee Beans.
8. At 800,000 years old, the big island is the youngest of all the islands, but was the first to be discovered by sailing Polynesians.
9. Mauna Kea holds the world’s largest Telescope and more scientific observatories in ones place than anywhere else in the world.
10. Hawaii is made up of the world’s largest mountains. (Measured from the sea floor to the peak)
Facts Provided by 50States.com
Subscribe to Coleman Hawaii Movers's Blog